Saturday, June 16, 2012

Camo Cake

(Otherwise known as the obligatory after-party baking post) ;-)
I've become addicted fallen in love with Pinterest. (Its the same thing, right?) Anyways, I saw this great idea for camouflage cake that one mother made for her son's birthday. Scootch saw it and was over the moon excited. So I figured I'd give it a go for his bowling party.
It was actually easier than I expected. I have scratch recipes for cakes that are allergy friendly for him, and they only yield a dozen cupcakes, so I made a whole batch of vanilla, and a half batch of chocolate. The batch of vanilla I separated and made one portion green so I could get the three colors.


Then it was just a matter of dribbling the colored cake batter into the cupcake liners, and voila!


Bake


Ice

Eat!


Happy Birthday Boy enjoying a second cupcake! 

Sweet success!

No comments:

Post a Comment